Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 17-01-2007 , 12:29 PM
Cheers R@nSiD. Don't feel bad m8, I'm glad you pointed it out before it ever became a problem down the track. I still plan to keep a disc shaped logo and I would like to keep the double A in it. I will just have to play with it until it's more 'unique' user added image

I plan at this stage to make 4 or 5 short animated entries for the logo (eg: coin spin, fall from sky, jump into frame and look around, etc). Once I'm happy with them, they will become flash animations and placed into the head banner of the site randomly. The hope is that each time you visit, the flash banner will change.

I'm away from the PC for the day (sadly) so I wont be able to post any updates 'til tomorrow.

Take care,
Dave.

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 17 02-02-2007 , 12:12 AM
Hi again,

I had another go at this logo with a new design (well I hope it's new and not something I've seen & forgotten user added image )

https://www.kickarz.com/AA_logo2_test02.wmv (2.65Mb - right click & save target as)

PS: it has sound in it too, so turn ya speakers on user added image

Cheers,
Dave.

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 18 02-02-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
hey dave, haha that looks soo... unbelieveable! how do you come up with these ideas man, they just work perfectly... the new design looks awesome.

just a question, how did you make them fall and go into there positions? ived always wanted to know yet i coudnt really find out lol, also great work on the sound effects, pretty impressive...

marlon

# 19 02-02-2007 , 12:33 AM
Hi marlon - thnx for the kind words.

The seperate pieces are active rigid bodies with gravity applied. I seperated them 1 at a time and let em fall. Once i was happy with how they looked and bounced etc, I baked the simulation (EDIT - KEYS - BAKE). This removes the dynamics and builds keyframes for them. As you would expect, each piece was on floor at the wrong place. My fix for this was to group each piece into a seperate group. I could then select this group and move/rotate it until the piece was in correct position. This also changes the start position (pro-rata) but it cannot be seen so it dont matter.

I bit of a cheet really and I'm sure there is a more 'professional' way. But at the end of the day - what ever works user added image

Dave.

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 20 02-02-2007 , 12:50 AM
Senior Software Developer
Like it alot. The only crit I have is the camera stops. Its a little off putting. SO I would recommend that you keep the camera going and have the ring at the end appear and drop through the camera (like the ring has gone over it).

Apart from that its 110% better, good work m8.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 21 02-02-2007 , 07:22 AM
Well you know what they say about great minds thinking alike.... I originally set up the cam track with the ring falling over it like you suggested. But I felt that it gave away the geomety before the ring was added. This is why I opted to pause the cam and let the ring land.

What I might do is continue the cam track ringht until the point where the ring hits and causes the cam shake. Maybe then it wont appear to just stop. I guess it's worth a shot...

Dave.

- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios
# 22 02-02-2007 , 07:50 AM
Senior Software Developer
Sounds like a good idea pal.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)