Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 12-07-2007 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
thank you marlonjohn. If I'm going to be adding fur/hair to the camel will it still need the detail? Not that I'm trying to get out of detailing, just wondering if it is needed completely with the hair/fur? Just curious, never done hair/fur before so I don't know.

This whole project has been a huge challenge for me. My second model without a previously drawn reference, and no tutorial as a guideline. Plus I'm trying to add particles or fluid effects which I've also never done. Having a lot of fun, also having a lot of stress, haha.

# 17 30-07-2007 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
so I've spent the last month trying to learn realflow, and I'm still having a really hard time figuring out exactly how I'm going to make sand blow across the surface. I'm also trying to learn maya fluids to give that a shot but I don't have the maya fluids training video yet.

Anyone please, I just need the basic setup to make it look like sand, and from there I can figure out how to make it blow in the wind.

I don't want to put this project to sleep but this sand thing is really annoying me but I feel the need for it in this project for some reason. I guess for that touch of realism, although I'm not going for a totally real scene.