Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 03-12-2008 , 11:50 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
yup yup

# 17 03-12-2008 , 11:53 PM
awesome ok ill fix up those tri's, I'm working on it at the moment I will post up some more updates when I've done a bit more

# 18 04-12-2008 , 01:01 AM
ok I have finished tweaking the wireframe I think it looks good now tell me what you think

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 04-12-2008 , 01:34 AM
they're gonna bite your head off for not modeling the car in halves, as well... what arran said was right. but at the same time, they tend to split the car down the middle and only make one half of the pieces in the center then combine and vert merge... reasoning behind this is that cars, in essence, and perfectly symmetrical. the left side is exactly the same as the right side (unless you happen to pick a model with singular exhaust, then there's ONE part you've gotta alter), so you can make one piece and then just duplicate it on the other side and voila! the other side is done!

wait and see what the 'car modeling pros' have to say about this thread, they're pretty helpful, although a lot of times i can't see how they see some of the errors they do (although they're right). look at the other car-modeling threads in this section and see how they progress for a good idea of a good streamlined way to go.

Accept no substitutions.