Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 10-05-2011 , 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
That's not bad Dave. Completely procedural I'm guessing. The stuff I'm scanning have patterns and whatnot.

- Genny
# 17 10-05-2011 , 04:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks for all the input guys (and girls)... so I'm hearing wood, dirt, cloth, bumpmaps, skin, hair. Even if you can create something procedurally, I would think it would be easier if you just had the right image, no? Unless of course you're trying to get something very specific for which there's nothing available.

Genny: Out of curiousity, would there be any copyright issues with cloth patterns? Does anyone own a texture if they've created the fabric?

# 18 10-05-2011 , 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
I think that is really tricky. If it's like a polka dotted print or generic stripes then that would be hard if not impossible to copyright. If it's something that has the Gucci logo or some kind of scenery/artwork then I guess that would be different. That's why I think Illustrator is so awesome.user added image

- Genny
# 19 10-05-2011 , 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Oh yeah, by no means am I an expert on copyright, I'm just taking a common sense approach to it so don't quote meh on it.

- Genny
# 20 10-05-2011 , 06:15 PM
EduSciVis-er
You mean you can't be my lawyer when I get sued? user added image