Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 10-02-2003 , 04:55 AM
dbrider, No problemuser added image And yes.... sadly, it's completely true everyday.

And Mark, I agree, and I've heard the same as well....

Normally I wouldn't have minded apple buying them out to save and resurect (sp?) Shake for the sake of apple having the killer compositing app.

I mean, that would have been a great boon to apple had they improved upon an already killer app, however I've seen no improvments, or fanfare about it at all as of yet.....

sad....though maybe they are in works to change that.
That would be pretty cool for them to do that.

Still...for a while there, it was almost like apple was/is doing what those scummy web domain brokers do everyday... they lie in wait untill a big name forgets to renew thier domain name, then they buy it out from under them just for the brand name.

Sorry for this MAJOR OT talk folks....

I started it down the wrong road to begin with, and for that I appoligize....

...I still think my boss is an idiot tho user added image hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 17 10-02-2003 , 06:24 AM

I mean, that would have been a great boon to apple had they improved upon an already killer app, however I've seen no improvments, or fanfare about it at all as of yet.....

Huh? They just released Shake 2.5, with a bunch of new features...

Anyway, even if they do nothing else to the application and kill it in late 2004, at least it didn't die on its own in mid-2003.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 18 10-02-2003 , 04:03 PM
Good point.... and my bad, forgot about the update....

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com