View Poll Results: Do you vote on Vectorman's final render or Fredriksson's
Fredriksson 1 100.00%
Vectorman 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 26-08-2003 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by M
I would be checking these tournaments more often due to the ammount of people taking it seriously... this tournament isnt exactly what i would call action packed and you all know it.

I thought the first round went quite well but after that it people seemed to stop modeling or have something else they had to do all week so people are going to start to lose interest. If the competitors kept at it i think these tournaments would really take off.

Also when's the next one going to be so i can get my name down (again).

# 17 27-08-2003 , 12:08 AM
Subscriber
having textures required in round 2 kinda sucked, since I don't know how to do that.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 18 27-08-2003 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
I'd just like to say, about the last too rounds, if i had a competitor, than i would have done alot more. Although i don't feel like anything is directed at me. I'm looking foward to this battle alot. And i will gladly wait patiently for bjorn.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 19 27-08-2003 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
Yea round one didnt go too bad, I dont see why you cant learn how to texture though.. thats what the tournament is about. its not meant to form around your knowledge. Same as a low poly modeller would just have to deal with it if he joined a tournament where one of the rounds, if not all of them were requiring high poly models. I had a PM from vectorman saying that fredriksson cannot model for a week and so you want a week extra. Im sorry but we cant do that, the rules are the rules. Fredriksson, if this is true then im sorry to hear that because you did such a fine job in this tournament! Same to you vectorman, great job. Just i think myself and a lot of you learned a few good lessons from this tournament and we can fix those in the future user added image. The final date cant be changed so whatever is in by then will declare the winner. If there is nothing then its a draw. Ckyuk, the next tournament will probably start half way through september, or october.. just look around for the announcement for the next tournament, just the next tournament will start as soon as 8 competators have joined.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 20 28-08-2003 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
Well i'd just like to say that if we can not potpone the tournament, then me and bjorn could open up a battle in the battle arena to finish this. Its up to bjorn but i refuse to model ANYTHING unless he does in this week, cuase he deserves to win, and if not AT LEAST a chance to. So if you decide to do anything this week thats fine, just log exactly how much time you spend on it and i will work the same amount. If you'd rather, this tourny will come to a draw (sadly) and we will go to the battle arena, cause theres no way you're escaping me!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 21 28-08-2003 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
I will be doing no work whatsoever this week, for personal and practical reasons. PM me and we'll decide what to do next week, and we can take it to the battle arena.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 22 28-08-2003 , 06:21 PM
Subscriber
follow the link in my last post. I got an idea down, and you could tell me what you think in that thread and when you'll be ready. Then when we are, we can start a new on cause i just realized i forgot the poll so well get the mods to delete the old one.

# 23 30-08-2003 , 03:46 AM
i'd just like to say that my tail is between my legs...sorry vectorman for not participating in the last round...i won the previous two rounds by default (because my partner didn't do anything)...guess I lost motivation - no excuses though. Don't know if it matters - but, I did have a bit of trouble getting to the summer tournament link - found it in a roundabout way (by going to forums > announcements > summer tournament > last page > to where a moderator posted the link for this forum...) - it might have helped to have a link on the main page. Good luck in the final round whenever/whatever it ends up being.

# 24 30-08-2003 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
thanx for returning from the dead! Kidding sorry but i do appreciate you actaully saying something. Can't wait for the battle, but i will have to i guess.