Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 19-06-2011 , 12:36 PM
Subscriber
Ozgalis: Had a listen to a Glitchmob album....bit more chilled tempo than bassnectar......not bad....

Mike: Podcasts of what?

I have been listening to spotify alot, tempted to signup to get rid of the annoying adverts. Been going through Mogwais back catalogue, and liking their Special Moves live album alot. Particularly the track 'Like Herod!' Monster user added image

Love a good heavy, crazy guitar song....'XYU' and 'Bodies' by the Pumpkins, 'Scentless Apprentice' by Nirvana
Reordered several pink floyd albums this week as Ive scratched up my dads cd copies through overuse.

And my Nan very randomly gave me a best of Bob Dylan album last weekend.... Have several of his albums anyway but dont listen to them all that often. 'Desire' is probably my favourite...but there is a track on this 'best of' called 'Jokerman', from his later period, which I am absolutely LOVING. Kept me awake last night as it was stuck in my head. Great lyrics/ length/ tempo/ chord change in the chorus. I have actually seen him do that song live at Brixton Academy, but I didnt know it at the time. Wish i could go back now.

Oh, and found all the videos for the Macross Plus soundtrack album and created my first playlist out of them on Youtube. Some gorgeous stuff on there.

Last edited by ben hobden; 19-06-2011 at 01:07 PM.
# 32 13-07-2011 , 12:05 AM
Lifetime Member
I dont USUALLY listen to music when Im modelling it distracts..if I do...usually Led Zep, Black Sabbath...or if Im in a good mood...classical music...or new age..things like 'Sound of the Rainforest' or whales singing....I listen to music more when Im drawing...rather than modelling. I tend to talk to myself in my head a lot....LOL so I miss the songs anyway.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 13-07-2011 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
I saw Black Sabbath at Ozfest back in 1997, but apart from being blown away by Geezer Butler, all I remember of it is being really fed up at having to stand up to see anything as it had been a long, long, day, my back and legs were killing me, I was right at the back, and pretty drunk and other things.

Led Zep, on the other hand, I put on every now and then. 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You', 'Dazed and Confused', 'Black Dog'. Classics. Saw a live performance of 'Dazed' on you tube recently, Led Zep in Denmark, 9 minutes odd long I think...them improvising to great effect, and the punch of his guitar...quality.

Whale song!!??

# 34 14-07-2011 , 12:28 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL yeh I went to Soundwave to see Maiden again...same thing as you ben, right at the back, tired and pissed LOL. Yes ben...whale songs LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 35 14-07-2011 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber

LOL yeh I went to Soundwave to see Maiden again...same thing as you ben, right at the back, tired and pissed LOL. Yes ben...whale songs LOL

ha ha!

aren't encores just a right pain!

# 37 31-10-2011 , 02:05 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Quite a mix really. It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in and what I'm trying to do. When doing 3D I tend to favour soundtracks....

Attached Thumbnails
# 39 17-11-2011 , 11:47 PM
I'm currently working on a little Star Wars short, so I'm listening to the the Star Wars I - VI soundtrack...especially of the old trilogy.
timeless music! user added image

but overall...I think classical music and soundtracks of other movies most of the time.

Last edited by BlackArr0w; 17-11-2011 at 11:49 PM.