Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 16-07-2005 , 02:18 PM

too much thinkin?..

Thanks for the quick reply diggersworld user added image
Like you said Hmm my guess is that they set a minimum number of ppl to join this contest for it to work out, (though there are quite alot as you can see) think I shouldn't look into this too much! huhu *hope I'm right user added image
{But why the "new prize" thread mention it, lol}

Last edited by globeramy; 16-07-2005 at 02:20 PM.
# 47 16-07-2005 , 04:52 PM
The Maya Mountain
all it means, as mentioned previously, is that there needs to be at least 3 people to FINISH the challenge to award the prize. I don't think that should be a problem. user added image

# 48 16-07-2005 , 05:25 PM
Great. Whew Thanks user added image

# 49 17-07-2005 , 03:46 AM
Subscriber

new user

where should i post my finished work? and how to define i am a newbie or normal?

# 50 17-07-2005 , 05:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
Final entries must be posted into a Final Entry thread that a mod will create in the last week of the challenge.

What you classify yourself is up to you. Keep in mind that Normal and Newbie classes have different prizes, so you might consider that in your choice. If someone who competes as a "newbie" is deemed (by a vote of the mods) to seem to be able to compete as a normal, the person's category will be changed to reflect this.

# 51 17-07-2005 , 07:07 AM
gr8 Probably Ill enter. user added image

# 52 17-07-2005 , 07:24 AM
Hey mike this is gonna be my first time entry on any competition on line. SO cud ya pleas help me with the following things:
1. How and where to submit my final work and the unfinished in progress works.
2. What shud b the final out come? rendered images or animated clip. If images, how many?
Thanks

# 53 17-07-2005 , 01:40 PM
The Maya Mountain
Final entries must be posted into a Final Entry thread that a mod will create in the last week of the challenge.

In the meantime, create a thread in the challenge forum like the others you see there.

Final is a still image.

# 54 17-07-2005 , 03:27 PM
And whats about multiple thread? i mean i have many ideas i which could do in 3d but i dont know if one competitor is allowed to post multiple thread in here...
Of course al lthe thread would be in the same class then..i wouldnt post some noob thread and some normal threads....

# 55 17-07-2005 , 06:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
keep them all to one thread please. user added image

# 56 18-07-2005 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
I was going to enter... but I think im going to take some time to improve with my new book I just bought... Maya: Character Animation, second edition.. awesome book...

I might post an entry next month if I feel ive improved enough user added image

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 57 18-07-2005 , 08:12 AM

Amount

Mike
I was wondering if it were possible to enter a new
scene.I suppose one entry per artist is fair,
but I have a different idea than the one previously entered.
Can I rather submit the new idea or not
Shane

# 58 18-07-2005 , 10:16 AM
I notice that a Noobie entry that's deemed 'worthy' may be auto-bumped to the 'Normal' category.

I'm happy about this, as I am a *complete* noobie (as stated in my contest thread, I've never actually done a 'real' 3d project; I've dabbled slightly thanks to 3dBuzz, but have never really stuck with any project), but I need that tablet, and hope my work is on par to get it

That said, I have a question...only one entry per contestant? Or one entry per contestant per division? I assume (and expect) the former; just curious, really. I want that tablet! user added image But I'll go for the DVDs if I *have* to. user added image

Oh, yeah...new member! Howdy, all!

Doc Hogan

# 59 18-07-2005 , 12:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
if you want to go for the normal category, we won't force you not to! We would not *downgrade* anyone. The only reason we'd *upgrade* anyone from newb to normal is to try to keep it fair. Otherwise, we couldn't do a 2 category style competition.

You can create a 2nd idea, but keep it to your original thread. Only one final entry at the end, though.

# 60 19-07-2005 , 12:27 PM
Hay all.

What will the resolution be for the final entries. (640x480, 1024x768, ect.....)

I have a slow PC so i need to know how long before I have to start rendering,
some of the competitions i have seen on the web
requier full A3 print resolution which would take my PC probably about a week to render.