Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 25-11-2008 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber
Gee!!! "lime green with deep purple wheels ^_^", "hot PINK with diamond encrusted doorhandles, rims and cupholder!"!! Now those are some combination's you guys came up with!! HaHaHa!! But thanks for the nice comments!! And Acid you are correct about the steering wheel. It was too small. It was at a scale of 1.4 and move it up to 2, just as a comparison.

GecT, hope your moving day was not too bad. Moving is really a pain!!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 47 28-11-2008 , 09:27 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by oldhippie_tom
Gee!!! "lime green with deep purple wheels ^_^", "hot PINK with diamond encrusted doorhandles, rims and cupholder!"!! Now those are some combination's you guys came up with!! HaHaHa!!

hahaa lambo collector by my old house had a murcie, diablo AND a countache in the green with purple wheels color scheme, i used to hang out with him quite a bit and he says he got the murcie stock in those colors and then painted the others to match.... come to think of it i think im gonna go visit him this weeked :p

# 48 29-11-2008 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
It's evening and time for a glass of wine and put this project away for the evening. I have all of the interior done, with the exception of the inside of the doors. But I am so pleased to finally have that done. Was so afraid it wouldn't come together and fit as it should. But appears to have done fine.

Here is a view towards the dash, and one towards the wall behind the driver.

Wishing you all a very good evening!!!

And Acid that person you speak of must be quite unique!! ;-)

Attached Thumbnails

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 49 29-11-2008 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
And towards the back

Attached Thumbnails

# 50 29-11-2008 , 11:03 PM
mmm - very nice. looks very comfy. user added image

the things on the side of the chairs look a little odd - not sure why tho.

# 51 29-11-2008 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Arran, and a good evening!! Well they are supposed to be the knobs for the Lumbar support adjustments. But they do look alittle odd, huh? Maybe we will just do away with them! ;-)

# 52 29-11-2008 , 11:17 PM
that's what i figured they were. are they supposed to have the splits in the side? if that's what they look like, then that's what they look like. user added image

# 53 30-11-2008 , 01:01 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Very nice!

The interior is great!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 54 30-11-2008 , 02:21 AM
Nice! Those knobs do look weird though... one more thing is I can't imagine anyone's feet getting to the paddles form that distance and one's knees will have to go through the steering wheel.
Keep it up user added image
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 55 30-11-2008 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Mayaniac, thank you!! It is my first one and certainly hoped for it to turn out alright. I am happy with it. But as Benny mentioned that it looks like I need to look into some things. The knobs I will redo, as they are not right.

And Benny "one more thing is I can't imagine anyone's feet getting to the paddles form that distance and one's knees will have to go through the steering wheel." I agree with you! And I will check and make sure I don't have the floor board to long.

Have a good day and thanks for your comments!!!

# 56 02-12-2008 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
Afternoon everyone. Just finished the inside of the door. Seem tougher than I had thought. We still need to do the hinging (hardware) of the door so it will open and then move on to doing the engine. Here are a couple of screen grabs.

And I have appreciated the comments and suggestions. As with the Lumbar Knob, I was getting lazy!!

A wire of the Door

Attached Thumbnails

# 57 02-12-2008 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
And here is a smoothed preview of it.

Attached Thumbnails

# 58 02-12-2008 , 09:12 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looks good.

Your going to have allot of fun texturing this. user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 59 02-12-2008 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Mayaniac, you are so very right!!! I had thought the same thing as I started the detail on the dash. My Father had an expression "I will be a month of Tuesdays doing that!" And I think that fits here. And then moving on to the rendering! Have alot of fun (?) ahead! ;-)

Thanks once again for the comments!!!

# 60 03-12-2008 , 11:01 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
you say this is your first time doing interiors all i can say is that they look great