Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-07-2004 , 12:26 PM

July - noob - aL

this beeing my forst real atempt to animate a longer sequence im gonna head in to this one as a noob user added image

im gonna use the monstercrazy sound and the basic plot will be a small girl standing in a torn up kitchen with blood and stuff everywhere saying the "either a monster..." and then something else will say the "i dont think youre crazy" part. im thinking either a gold fish or a peice of cheese..

you get the general idea user added image

the animation challange is a cool idea but given that facial animation is ju optional maybe there should be a sound clip with no talk and just weired noises or music too? its kinda hard to think of an animation with no facial animation for these sound clips user added image

# 2 02-07-2004 , 02:09 PM
The Maya Mountain
Body movement is just as important as facial animation. You can have the lips synched perfectly, but if the body doesnt move very well, then it's not going to be considered good animation.

Also, remember, don't spend too much time on an environment. Make big cubes for a refridgerator, counter tops, etc.

Looking forward to it!

# 3 02-07-2004 , 03:49 PM
good luck user added image

# 4 03-07-2004 , 07:51 PM
mike: yeah thats true user added image but still.. im just saying that theres alot mot freedom with noises or music user added image

3demon: thanks user added image

well ive done the basic layout of the kitchen.. i'll post a pic a lil later..

the one they use to call aL_3891
# 5 03-07-2004 , 07:59 PM
The Maya Mountain
heh, last October, we had a sound fx animation challenge. It wasn't well received, unfortunately.

# 6 04-07-2004 , 11:52 AM
oh ok.. :/ didnt know that.. well animation is a lot of fun so hope this one goes better user added image

the one they use to call aL_3891
# 7 05-07-2004 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
Hey mike you don't by any chance know of a place where I can get a rigged female/unisex character do you?

# 8 05-07-2004 , 09:38 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.