Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-09-2004 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber

PLE 6 won't start

*What's the problem?
Maya PLE freezes on start up

*What happened when the problem occured?
Dialog box as read;
The instruction at "0x77f83aed" referenced memory at "0x0000blah blah blah" The memory could not be "written"

*What were you doing when the problem arose?
Launching app. Waiting

*What are your system specs?
Dell Inspirion 8500; Mobile Pentium 2.2G; 384M Ram

*What version of Maya are you using?
Maya PLE6 (Verison 5 did run on this machine) Trying to decide if I should give up AnimationMaster or not.

I suspect I simply don't have enough RAM, and have 512M more on backorder from Dell, but wanted to know if there is anything else I should be looking at.

Thanks!
Donovan

Donovan W Reeve
# 2 17-09-2004 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
I dont think RAM has anything to do witht at error message... it's something else... but it's all user added image to me user added image

-Emo

# 3 20-09-2004 , 10:52 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, I bumped my RAM up to 768M and still get the same message. The error dialog is generated by the TEXTURE_MANAGER_DUMMY. I'll probably just have to wait and see if Alias issues an update.

Donovan W Reeve