Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-02-2007 , 10:11 PM

Does the 3ds lattice tool exist in Maya?

I'm looking for something that would do what the 3ds lattice tool does (turn the edges of a polygon into tubes) but in Maya. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I found something called lattice, but it does something entirely different, as far as I can tell.

# 2 21-02-2007 , 08:44 AM
Im not up on max by any means (never used it is what i'm saying!) but what do you mean turns the edge of a poly into a tube?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 21-02-2007 , 09:05 AM
maybe you are looking for the smooth proxy? It is in effect a lattice having your less dense model in see through, and a smoothed version solid underneath so you can see what it looks like in a smoothed version while working on a low poly version