Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-12-2008 , 12:07 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Tutorial suggestion

Hi guys

I have a suggestion for a tutorialdvd -series

I see many tutorials on the internet on the different disciplines of 3d, but nothing which shows the whole pipeline.
To clarify; you have a dvd which explains rigging for instance, but not a dvd that explains how to animate with the character that you just have spent hours rigging.
If you then buy an animation dvd it explains it with another character and/or rig

It would be great if everything’s connected;
So let’s say you make a dvd series about a farmer or something like that then you could integrate several disciplines into one integral project instead of loose projects;
-preproduction--; Planning out everything ;camerashots etcetc
-Character/set ---; drawing the farmer and set, creating the sourceimages and setting them up in maya,
-Maya basics--; here everything get’s explained about maya interface/modeling techniques/how to put stuff on the shelf etc, so the tutors don’t have to go over some things again and again(which sometimes gets pretty annoying)
-Shading /texturing--;sss shading, how to paint realistic textures etc
-characterrigging--; rig the farmer
-MEL--; how to make a custom window /automate tedious tasks
-Animation--;plan what the farmer will do at the farm,animate him and his surroundings
-VFXadd some extra effects(wind blowing up some leaves/ etc)
- lighting--;(creating a hdr image, implementing hdr/lighting the scene for animation etc, )
-rendering--; DOF/Atmospheric dissolving(the effect that objects that are really far away turn blueish) /FG/GI/photons etc.)/shadowbaking
-compositing--; How to put together all the rendered material and make a short movie out of it.
Apply some postproduction eyecandy etc.

I know it's a lot of work to create a tutorialseries like this but I am also quite sure that if you decide to make something like this that you”ll have a one of a kind tutorial series, that as far as I know doesn’t exist …
And if you make the bundle price like $500, I am absolutely sure that you will sell a lot of them

Just my two cents..

# 2 30-12-2008 , 12:55 PM
SM Tea Boy
It's a great idea in fact we have been discussing something similar for the past couple of months

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 30-12-2008 , 05:18 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Oh yes!! but as with all good stuff, you're just gonna have to wait!

Jay