Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-10-2011 , 12:41 PM

Tiff Animation sequence, perfect in fcheck, but lacks lightning in premiere?!

Hi folks user added image

I am a new Maya user user added image And have just created one of my first real animations and batch rendered it to 720p tiff images (well, I guess it is the third one, but anyways)

I have encountered a small problem (i think) user added image

Because when I preview my animation sequence through fcheck, it runs perfectly fine, but if I then import my sequence to adobe premiere I loose my physical sun & sky, so the background just becomes plain black... Anyone have a clue?

I of course don't post anything before I have searched for similar topics, and so I found this one from 2007. And since it is very long time ago, maybe something new have happend with the world. And there they also used after effects, which I don't have! But I do have Photoshop.

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26582

But please don't say I have to edit every image in my 800 frames long sequence! Unless their is a program for it perhaps?

Anyways, I hope you get my point.
Thx in advance and have a great day! user added image

# 2 25-10-2011 , 01:16 PM
Some formats liek jpg or tga write the physical sky into the file. That means your background will be visible. Tiff´s and Png´s for instance come with an additional alphachannel and the physical sky will not be visible there. And since the Physical sky is no actual geometry it will not be part of the render in those specific fileformats.
There are several posibilites:

1.) rerender and change fileformat, which I dont suggest.
2.) leave it as it is and do the background in post. Create a image color gradient in photoshop or after effects. Not sure if you can create that in premiere.

of course it all depends on your animation and if you have lots of camera movement with ups and downs then the static backplane will not work. For this, you can create

3.) a new render! Hide everything in your scene only let the Physical Sky on and rerender it and save it as a tga or jpg (I reccomend tga)! Now you have your Background and can composit it into the animation!

# 3 25-10-2011 , 01:16 PM
The Nurb Herd
so the answer in the other thread was that you need an alpha. user added image

why don't you download a trial of AE or nuke?

# 4 25-10-2011 , 02:38 PM

Where do I put the tga file?

So if I just render a new seuence with only the lights , wouldn't it just be like a background image? Because nothing is moving from 1 frame to 800...

Just thinking if I have to copy/paste my camera trail from the other sequence?

________

Where do I put the tga sequence? And I am right, that I can just double click in the import window and click one of them and tick "numbered stills", or do they need to have some special treatment? My main sequence (without background) is in "Video 1"

Last edited by SharoFFenstein; 25-10-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: one more thing
# 5 25-10-2011 , 04:19 PM

Here is my video

The Sinking Of Titanic in Maya - YouTube

Okay I found out, that I had to use the image in the middle layer and for some reason put the main one at the top, anyways as you see, there is my animation user added image

#THExDUKE
I just still don't see how your step 3 would be any different than step 2 (altrough I have only tried with tga, which just showed black screen).

# 6 25-10-2011 , 05:55 PM
The Nurb Herd
what's with the crazy camera move?

# 7 25-10-2011 , 08:05 PM
Lifetime Member
There is way to much camera movement. I almost got motion sickness. Try to pick three or so views only non of the fly around. Also the cable that goes from the two smoke stacks should swing or something when the ship breaks otherwise good job user added image

- Jake
# 8 03-12-2011 , 12:34 AM
I'm having the same problem with Sun and Sky appearing Black but changing the format to JPG or TGA doesnt do anything. It's still Black. Is there some setting to allow Sun and Sky to be included in the render?

Some formats liek jpg or tga write the physical sky into the file. That means your background will be visible. Tiff´s and Png´s for instance come with an additional alphachannel and the physical sky will not be visible there. And since the Physical sky is no actual geometry it will not be part of the render in those specific fileformats.
There are several posibilites:

1.) rerender and change fileformat, which I dont suggest.
2.) leave it as it is and do the background in post. Create a image color gradient in photoshop or after effects. Not sure if you can create that in premiere.

of course it all depends on your animation and if you have lots of camera movement with ups and downs then the static backplane will not work. For this, you can create

3.) a new render! Hide everything in your scene only let the Physical Sky on and rerender it and save it as a tga or jpg (I reccomend tga)! Now you have your Background and can composit it into the animation!