Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-11-2011 , 07:50 PM

Hide turn off casting of parti_volume in render layer

Hi guys, I am stuck on this one. I am starting to do rendering passes on a project and I create a render layer called proteinColor. Select the mesh and add it. All is well. Render and it is black so I add my light and parti_volume for a fog/mist effect cast on the object. Render and its there.

I just want the reflections and light to hit the object for the render pass purposes. Not a stream of purple in each pass. I don't think that would be good come composite time. I played around with render stats for the parti geometry boxes and light with no luck. The object turns black with some specular or the purple is missing. Prob. a easy solution I want to avoid cropping out a purple stream for every pass come composite time.

Long ramble, thanks for the help,
Moffi

Attached Images