Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-05-2012 , 01:48 AM

Moving objects Horizontally

Hello,
I am relatively new to Maya. I have noticed that when I move objects with the move tool they don't get moved perfectly horizontal. They rise or fall slightly in the y direction as well. Is this some weird setting that I accidentally changed, or is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

# 2 10-05-2012 , 01:57 AM
Lifetime Member
If you are using the perspective view to move then yes it will move based on the cameras position relative to the object. Use side or front or you can hold the CTRL key and click the Y axis arrow and this will turn off movement in Y. To turn it back on..same process.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 10-05-2012 , 02:50 AM
I figured it out, thanks. It was a move tool setting. It was on custom axis orientation for some reason set to move slightly in the y for every x or z. Weird.