Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-05-2012 , 08:05 PM
Lifetime Member

Maya 2013 and Logitech setpoint software

FYI, I have Googled, went thru Autodesk site, and thru "The Area" posts .....

I have a Logitech M305 wireless mouse with newest 64bit setpoint software installed.
When working within Maya, trying to use the mouse "shortcuts",
holding alt and lmb, the scene rotates, as it should
holding alt and rmb, the scene zooms in and out, as it should
holding alt and mmb, nothing happens, but, when I stop setpoint in task manager, alt+mmb pans the scene as it should......

there are only game settings override in setpoint options, no application settings override......

anyone know of a solution for this? it's just a PITA having to disable setpoint when working within Maya, and then restarting setpoint for using in everything else ..

TIA for any suggestions

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired
# 2 27-05-2012 , 08:57 PM
EduSciVis-er
This may be a dumb question, but in setpoint, is the middle mouse button set as a "middle mouse" function?

# 3 28-05-2012 , 03:59 PM
Lifetime Member
funny, that was not an option in my setpoint prefs, removed software and reinstalled and wala, it was there, set it to mmb and all functions now work in Maya and everything else.

thanks stwert
funny, in all posts I read, noone had even mentioned that user added image

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired