Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-09-2012 , 10:43 PM

vertex problem maya 2012

I can't seem to be able to select and move just one vertex at a time. The bottom vertixes worked but then when I tried to move the middle vertex or another above to scale up it feels stuck, nothing moves. I tried ticking and unticking soft cell and reflection, nothing works. Vertixes still seem stuck-any help?

user added image

# 2 27-09-2012 , 11:08 PM
I've done a search and nothing seems to work. I press b but say I select the top vertex to scale up the bottom scales down a little but....im tired user added image help

# 3 27-09-2012 , 11:08 PM
Super Moderator
Are you using the scale tool on one vertex at a time? If so, then that's the problem, it can't be scaled relative to itself so use the move tool instead ( keyboard shortcut "w").

Also if none of this is the case, you can try resetting to tool.

- Genny
# 4 27-09-2012 , 11:27 PM
I've done a search and nothing seems to work. I press b but say I select the top vertex to scale up the bottom scales down a little but....im tired user added image help

# 5 27-09-2012 , 11:35 PM

Are you using the scale tool on one vertex at a time? If so, then that's the problem, it can't be scaled relative to itself so use the move tool instead ( keyboard shortcut "w").

Also if none of this is the case, you can try resetting to tool.

Really? I didn't know that. Oh my Maya is tricky. I managed to move the vertexes, seems ok...for now