Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-04-2013 , 12:32 PM

how to Finish my model ?

hi guys , i'am new to maya here
well i watched some tutorials about modeling a male character , and i followed along with it , but the publisher didn't complete the tutorials and left me here
user added image

i know the mouth looks a bit strange , but i'am gonna fix it later

so i modeled just the t-shirt , the hand , the head and the leg
but the problem is i didn't model the body it self , i don't know how to finish the model , any ideas ?

user added image

i'am planning to rig this character .
and one more question : when i model his hair does it make a difference when i model it by polygons or i use nhair , i'am completely new on this

# 2 19-04-2013 , 09:16 PM
The thin red line
Could you show some wire shots of your model....................dave

# 3 20-04-2013 , 06:53 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
I would just pull the next down into the shirt so there is no opening there, this would give the illusion of a body under neath. as for poly hair vs nhair, I think the nhair uses different components of the PC to render...I have never done either though so I dont know for sure.

# 4 22-04-2013 , 07:25 AM
someone told me if i wanna use ncloth i have to complete the body , if i don't then i use the t shirt as the body , but if i make the body , do i have to make the t shirt and the body two different meshes ?