Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-05-2013 , 03:36 AM

Maya muscle leg question

Hey All SM users.

I've got a question about the muscles for the leg. A muscle was placed on the back of the leg/thigh(biceps femoris) and for some reason when I move the leg the muscle does a weird s shape, where the lower part of the muscle pops over the bone to the front while the other stays behind the leg. This occurs only when I finalized the muscle. I have extended the control slightly below the knee joint which helped it from shooting straight out. I've tried to reproduce what it was doing (for my friend).

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-05-2013 , 03:37 AM
Oh, this is how it looked one time then I had him move the lower connection below the knee further and it no longer detached from behind the knee, but the muscle still flexed like this, beyond the bone.