Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-02-2014 , 01:04 PM

Edge selection issues

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to modeling in 3D and I've run into a bit of a snag. I've added subdevissions to a polygon cube. I want to select the edges and manipulate them. Where as In the past I've been able to select an edge or a series of edges and move them independantly of eachother, now when I select an edge or vertex the selcetion is yellow and a gradient to red indicating influence radiates out from the selection. Moving or manipulating the selection infuliences the suround geomitry. How can stop this from happening? How can I minipulate just the selection as I once was able to do?

Am I using the wrong tool? Is this a setting I have triggered?
I know it's probaly something small and stupid.

Attached Images
# 2 08-02-2014 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber
double click the translate tool in the toolbox and uncheck "soft select".

Sampson
# 3 08-02-2014 , 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
This question comes up extremely often. Might want to check out Stwert's FAQ thread and mine while you're at it.

- Genny