Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-03-2014 , 09:02 PM

Having trouble with rotation on Motion Path.

I'm working on a simple animation sequence in which three fish swim around in an ellipsis. The fish have already been animated with a swim cycle but when I attach them to a motion path the fish rotates over and under the path (y-axis) rather than rotating laterally (x-axis) to indicate turning while swimming.

I took a video of it to show what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/8yElVstfGe4

I tried keying the rotation, but the attributes are all in yellow and won't let me change them. Any suggestions?

# 2 23-03-2014 , 10:52 PM
i just tested with that settings and it worked ("inverse front" option depends on the orientation of the fish). i don't know if you used control objects or attached the joint to the motion path. if you did it with the joint, i could think that was the problem. try to constrain the skeeton to the control object and use the setting from the screenshot. and don't forget to freeze transformations of the control objects.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mickhah; 23-03-2014 at 10:57 PM.