Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-11-2003 , 03:58 PM

Cd from hard drive install

I have a game on my computer, it is 2 cds and i dont have a cd rom right now, i copied the 2 cds onto my hard drive, under c:\cd1 and c:\cd2 using another cd rom but cant get a hold of it right now, can someone please tell me how i can install this game, coz i run c:\cd1\setup.exe and it starts installing, half way through it asks for cd 2, it doesnt let me point at a directory, it says something like, please insert cd 2 in cd drive, ok and cancel, but its on my c drive, is there anyway that i can install this.

thanks guys

Lespaul84

# 2 10-11-2003 , 04:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
There is no easy way to install, you should have made images of the CD's then mounted them with daemon tools.

I don't think there is a way to install it the way you have it now. You could try adding the files to a virtual CD then making an image of that, then mounting the image with daemon tools, tis a lot of bother for a game.

Even if you get it installed you will then need to crack the game anyway, as you don't have the original CD in the drive.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 11-11-2003 , 09:38 AM

Originally posted by David
mounted them with daemon tools.

user added image