Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-12-2003 , 08:31 PM

Demo Reel

I have a question concerning demo reels. We have to do an internship for our final semester here at school, and i have contacted places and they asked for me to send them demo reels. At the time i didn't have anything to send them but now i have 2 pieces that are done. Is that enough stuff to send to someone for them to look at? Because i know they don't want you to send WIP's.

Also my things aren't animated or anything, there just stills, so if i did put them on a demo reel, would you revolve around them, or just post pics of the rendered images?

# 2 03-12-2003 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
I would revolve around them. Show a transition from like the wire to the smooth. Would be much more intresting for them than just a still.

# 3 03-12-2003 , 11:50 PM
Turntables of wireframe and shaded meshes are good. A few closeups probably wouldn't hurt either, especially since you don't have any animated material.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 04-12-2003 , 01:13 AM
Thanks for the replies Pony and Dany.

Also do you just put it on a regular VHS tape, or is there a certain kind that you should buy?

# 5 04-12-2003 , 01:19 AM
Get the shortest VHS tape you can find. A 10 or 15 minutes tape is good. You can find them at most video production stores.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 04-12-2003 , 03:28 AM
Pherbis,
normal VHS tape for all places unless they say specifically that DVD or anything else is ok. Good luck on the internship, hope you get it!

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 7 04-12-2003 , 05:15 AM
Thanks Guys!! user added image