Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 28-09-2005 , 02:59 PM
starting on textures, so far just basic colors and trying to get uv's to where it doesn't distort and stretch when smoothing. Also does anyone know how to keep the duplicate model the same as the original so I can transfer uv's? I made a duplicate and set up my uv's how I wanted but there were more verts so I couldn't transfer, so I manually reassembled the duplicate to the original but somehow the duplicate had less uv's and would not let me transfer, said in script "cannot complete polytransfer on un selectable object" or along those lines even though I had both selected. Thanks again.

Attached Images
# 17 28-09-2005 , 04:15 PM
I really like this. I can't wait to see it skinned. Are you sure you're a noob? Oh, and the game is absolutely awesome.

# 18 29-09-2005 , 02:02 PM
Thanks for the comment Epsix, yes I'm for sure a newb, this is my first full organic model. Tried a few heads but they never came out that great. Have gone through about 5 or 6 color schemes now and can't figure a good one out! Here's my most recent, none seem to match this character... Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Attached Images
# 19 29-09-2005 , 02:29 PM
dark blue and light blue

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 20 30-09-2005 , 12:23 AM
I tired blues but just didn't look right to me,thanks for at least inputing some though! But I think I found the color scheme. C&C plz, also I am going to model an environment for him, I'm thinkin like a medieval kinda scene with only the front half visible out of the shadows with glowy eyes.

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 30-09-2005 , 12:33 AM
wow, nice colors:attn:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 22 30-09-2005 , 07:30 AM
sry for all the pics but I had a sudden urge to add this to my base model. If I wish to keep it i'm gunna have to remap it with the tail / stinger because I accidently saved my textured version when I had it mirrored and smoothed user added image ...And i'm glad ya like the colors Joopson:attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 30-09-2005 , 07:51 AM
It looks a bit 'bondage' in those colours user added image

The tail is a nice addition, I like where you're going with it. The only practical problem is that the horns are in the way of the stinger now. Maybe think about having bull-like horns that are wide and flat, ram horns or something completely out of this world.
You'll be going a good way to making the character your own too user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 24 30-09-2005 , 01:20 PM
the colors are nice, it makes him look venomous which is appropriate, but maybe you should render it on a lighter background if you're going that way.

# 25 03-10-2005 , 05:20 PM
Yeah sry bout the black bg, was really tired and just wanted to post it and go to bed. I got motivated and added some more stuff, not sure about the claws though, can let you guys look at em' and tell me what ya think. I modeled them so that they are acurate for the most part, meaning if the creature was going to walk it would be evenly balanced from front to back and the front legs can move forward and back without hitting the claws as the claws sit inside the width of the front legs. Thanks again for all your C&C :attn:

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 06-10-2005 , 09:42 PM
The latest render looks awesome, nice work!user added image

# 27 07-10-2005 , 07:15 AM
The claws are good but I think it takes it from being a cutesy mid level recurring character to an end of level boss type character.
If thats what the character was in game or if thats what you're after then thats good.

Nice renders too user added image

EDIT: Just re-read your first post and it is a boss, my mistake. Looking cool with the new additions user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net

Last edited by t1ck135; 07-10-2005 at 07:18 AM.
# 28 11-10-2005 , 08:19 PM
Thanks, right now i'm just debating wether to move on to texturing or to add in detail, will post updates soon. user added image