Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-08-2006 , 04:11 AM
Subscriber

Rendertest

Finally a first rendertest.
Thx so much to THX 1138 ! He helped me out with some modeling issues.
Well, not a really serious attempt to texture, but i had to do something funny after alle the UV work...hrhr

cheers

mac

Attached Thumbnails

..the Force is with me (sometimes)
# 17 19-08-2006 , 10:55 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mac

Good job

Some overall crit. The front viewport window is too small and the surrounding area is too thick. Also the main 'wing'/body is also to thick. The Yellow panels next to the cockpit need to be pointing inward toward that area and lastly the side windows could do with narrowing.

Sorry for all this crit but I have a scale model of the same ship sitting on my shelf so these parts Ive outlined stand out a mile

Overall its a neat job

Cheers
Jay

# 18 19-08-2006 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber

aha

No need to apologize, i need all info i can get. I've only got a few ref pics - no model.

wings to thick, viewport window is too small , side panels to straight ? - no problem, but i'm not goin to touch this cabine frame again. My willing to suffer is at its end now user added image

The wings are not yet bend down for UV mapping and modelling purposes. So the side panels are not at their end position, just to please you, Jay user added image

thx

mac

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 21-08-2006 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber

Rw Unit

done with the r2 unit. Could have pushed the texture a bit more, but since there are no extreme close up's - i think it's ok.

I model the lower part somday...maybe :bandit:

cheers

mac

Attached Images

# 20 22-08-2006 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
mac,

I never go any email notification about this thread so, that's why I'm just now replying.......anyway.

I used a old tutorial to get a general idea of particles technique, then just tweaked to my needs. Find the tutorial here:

https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutori...cs_fx/205.html

Goodluck user added image
Fess

Trini For Life
# 21 22-08-2006 , 10:54 AM
Hey mac - good job on the starfighter - it's looking very cool.user added image

# 22 25-08-2006 , 04:21 PM
19 year Veteran
Nice texturing job mac762! I am honored to have been able to help you out. You still need to thin out the wing thickness and aim them downward slightly, but as I understand, it's your model and you have the right to style it to your liking. user added image