Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 06-02-2003 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for explaining that mark, it made a lot of sence. To be honest with you, from reading what I heard i think i should learn more about maya before I venture into this book. I will definately buy it, just when im sure i want to get into animation and thats what i want to do in maya user added image. I guess thats not a definate answer, anyways.. from what you said it sounds like a wonderful book. I may be buying it next month, or a few months. depending on what i have in my way before i can get to maya to learn more. Ok, congrats on the sucessful book and i hope to see more from ya in the future user added image. Do you plan on making another book?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 17 06-02-2003 , 07:13 AM
Don't worry, you don't have to explain about getting the book later. user added image

Another book? Not sure. With this one we were kind of charmed because it was so OBVIOUS yet nobody had done it. I'm not sure we have such a clear idea for another one, though we have some ideas.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 18 06-02-2003 , 07:54 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mark_wilkins
As for the price:

Amazon.com in the U.S. sells the book for US $35 (about AUS $60) and charges between US $5 and US $25 for shipping to Australia depending on how fast it has to get there.

I believe there is no customs tariff on books shipped from the U.S. to Australia, but I'm not 100% sure. However, you may have to pay additional taxes, such as GST. I wouldn't know, though.

Within Australia, the list price of the book is about AUS $117, and the online bookstores I saw that could order it from the U.S. were all selling it for around AUS $112.

If you don't have to pay GST on a shipment from the U.S., you might just consider ordering from Amazon.com, as it will be significantly cheaper.

-- Mark

cool, thanx for the tip. user added image I'll have to put off buying it for a little while though

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP