Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-05-2007 , 04:07 AM

Animating a character with props.

Hello all.

I'm hoping someone can give me an answer to this. Wasn't sure which thread to put this into. Animation, rigging, so I decided it needs to go into the basics thread. Hope that's correct!

I have a human character walking into a scene carrying a briefcase. He walks up to a table and puts the briefcase onto the table, lets it go and walks to the other side of the room.

What I need to know from anyone here, is there a simple way to attach/unattach the briefcase to my characters hand while he walks in, and get it to let go when he places it onto the table.

I guess this question will apply to any prop that needs to be held/released by the character, such as a TV remote control, beer bottle etc.

I just can't figure out a simple way to do it.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chesticles. user added image

Why isn't it Froderick Fronkenstein?
# 2 31-05-2007 , 06:14 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
you can solve this using constraints(point and orient constraints).
i don't have much time just know so if you google it or press f1 when in maya and search for constraints(specificly point and orient constraints).
good luck

# 3 31-05-2007 , 06:20 AM
Thanks for that. Will F1 away now I see it falls under the constraint area.

That has narrowed the field somewhat!

Why isn't it Froderick Fronkenstein?
# 4 31-05-2007 , 02:00 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon