Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-08-2007 , 04:43 AM

Fitting an eyeball into a head

Hi,

I'm trying to fit my eyeball into a head I've modelled, but parts of it keep poking through the eyelid. I've modelled the head fairly accurately according to reference images.

The eyeball is completely round, as I imagine it has to be in a 3D model - is this correct? I'm wondering whether I should make the ball more oval, or manipulate the eyelid instead.

Any suggestions (I've looked at tutorials but none address this specific question).

thanks,

gubar.

# 2 11-08-2007 , 05:30 AM
it might be worth posting a picture gubar so we can see the specific problem - but yeah, the eyeball should be round. Just match it up with the front and side refs and then you'll probably have to do quite a bit of vertex tweaking to get the eyelids to fit. Keep in mind that you only see a small part of the eye - it's actually quite big but you only really see about a third of the actual eye, if that.

# 3 11-08-2007 , 05:40 AM
Thanks arran,

actually been tweaking my lid vertices since I posted and it's looking much better,

cheers,

gubar.