Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-11-2011 , 09:32 AM

Changing Default Baked Texture Extension from .als to .png

OK, so to start off I'm a noob to the forums. I try and not post needless threads all over the internet if I can find an answer by using Google or Youtube. However, I've been trying to solve an issue for about 3 days now, and it has completely consumed me.

I am sort of a noob to Maya. I am trying to make the switch from 3DS Max (I used to be an architect). But my new profession has me using Maya more than 3ds.

So, to my question. I am trying to bake some textures in Maya, so Unity can pull the .fbm file and automatically assign textures to a material.

So I am going to Window > Rendering Editors > Hypershade > Edit > Convert File to texture to accomplish this. However, the file is saved as an .als file format which Unity can't read. Is there any way to convert the default file format to a .png?

Thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a noob question. But I really really do try to find an answer before asking a question.

# 2 12-11-2011 , 09:57 AM
The thin red line
When you go to edit, convert file to texture theres a little box shape on the side click on that will let you change the file format............dave

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by daverave; 12-11-2011 at 10:05 AM.
# 3 12-11-2011 , 10:11 AM

No Option

LMAO. Wow I can't believe I missed that one. Thank you so much.

I can't believe I took an entire 3 days to ask this question. I should have just asked to begin with. Instead of putting in every damn relevant search term into Google and Youtube imaginable with no results

Last edited by Cnotey; 12-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.
# 4 12-11-2011 , 10:14 AM
The thin red line
File format is there with a little dropdown arrow?.............dave

# 5 12-11-2011 , 11:17 AM
Thanks again. I guess I won't try and learn any more Maya until I get rid of this flu.