Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-02-2012 , 07:03 AM

Light emitting from building window

Hey All, Newbie here,

i have a scene with a city scape and my hero is animated, roughly, jumping from one rooftop slightly towards camera. I have it lit as a night scene, with a fill light, and back light, and the Key light is blue to give it the night time feel. I have 5 windows, 2 of which I wanted to look like an incandescent light is coming from the window and it partly catches the back of the hero where he lands.

I tried using the directional light and even a spot light, but it didn't work..I included a pic for you to see the rendering. For some reason no matter where I drag it, it doesn't create that illusion that I'm looking for.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-02-2012 , 08:19 AM
The thin red line
Not sure what sort of lighting you want but you could add a plane to your room and turn the glow effect on that would give a every simple effect............dave

# 3 24-02-2012 , 02:39 PM
EduSciVis-er
Add a light colored surface shader to the window to give them the look that they have light coming from them, and then add a backlight via spotlight just behind the character to give it a bit of punch. Just an idea.