Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-05-2012 , 09:23 PM

Problems with joint Flexor can anyone help?

I have added a joint flexor to my elbow joint, but every time I try to bend it to the angle in the picture it creases and folds strange. I have already tried messing with the different settings on the flexor to fix the problem but nothing helps. Is there any way to fix it by changing the settings on the flexor or is it a problem with my skeleton? I'm pretty new to animation so any help will be much appreciated.

Note: It will NOT let me post the file, so all I can get is images. If you need a different angle let me know and I'll post it

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-05-2012 , 02:30 AM
Technical Director
Rigid skinning is a really old way of binding characters. I've actually never seen it being used in production. It's best to go with soft skinning if you can. However, if memory serves me right, you should be able to move the vertices of the flexor so that it deforms the way you like. It should then pop to that position when you move the skeleton. Again, it's been a while, so give it a go.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 08-05-2012 , 06:53 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the help! I'll see if this works.

# 4 08-05-2012 , 06:55 PM
user added image Hiiii Kara <3
:/ I thought I deleted those pasted layers xc grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm going to go over there (a whole 2 chairs away) and delete them! haha