Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-11-2012 , 07:30 AM

Problems with the Create a Polygon tool

When I try to use this tool, I can't see the little dots that I should to make the outline of the shape. I just have to click without seeing anything and then come back to the base point to complete the shape. It's extremely frustrating. How can I fix it to be able to see each vertex when I click it and the shape that they make?

# 2 12-11-2012 , 10:09 AM
Lifetime Member
1 : are you sure its the Create Poly tool? 2: You should not need to snap back at the end, the Create Poly is already a closed polygon. 3: Give us some screen shots to have a look, as this sounds wierd.

The only thing I can think of is you have snap to grid enabled and you might be looking at it end on, though I dont know thats possible.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 12-11-2012 , 07:51 PM
The thin red line
Are you using this tool in perspective as it would play up a bit if you did so, use in side, front or top view ...............dave