Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-01-2013 , 01:34 PM

Wind blowing?

Hi, i am confused to how to create a wind like effects on the character clothing and hair. The clothing is smooth-skin while for the hair, i am planning to use ncloth.

Any techniques/ tricks to faking the wind blowing into the clothes and hair?

# 2 09-01-2013 , 03:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
why not use nCloth for the cloth and nHair for the hair, then just use the nuculas wind? or drop in a air field

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 10-01-2013 , 12:22 AM
thanks, It's a big project, i am looking for ways to cut down production time and rendering time. So i am wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for faking wind? Any external plugins for maya that can do that perhaps?

# 4 10-01-2013 , 05:13 AM
Maybe you can use a method like they use in Maya paint by adding a twist attribute to the mesh some how to make it bend and move.

nhair dose have a natural look though maybe you can limit the number of hairs you have to get the rough look, then for your final render up the hair count . That should speed up the test renders a bit .

You know you have been working too long in cg when your out side and you look up at the trees and say

"Wow that's spectacular resolution ."
# 5 13-01-2013 , 02:00 AM
thanks, i just know about nhair, it's impressive but it's in 2013.

# 6 13-01-2013 , 12:15 PM
Lifetime Member
choo...if its a project what about speedtree? is that a viable option? for games? or a movie?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes