Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-04-2013 , 05:09 AM
Lifetime Member

Yeti Fur Problem

Hi,

I’m new to these forums so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I’ve been working my way through the complete yeti project (I’m using Maya 2012) and have made it all the way to the fur section. Yay!

But when I assign the gorilla fur preset like Kurt does and go to fur>edit fur description>gorilla… (8:32 into the video titled YETI_MODEL_UV_TEXT_Part03)

When I render my fur is about six times as long and way thicker when rendered. (See attached image.)

As far as I can tell from the video all my fur settings match, but the yeti in the video does not have the bad hair day that mine is having.

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-04-2013 , 09:19 PM
The thin red line
Most likely a scaling issue, try going back to before you assigned fur then scale your model up then put fur on again............dave

# 3 04-04-2013 , 10:31 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi Dave,

The funny thing is I built my model at exactly the same scale as Kurt did in the tutorials. (I know this cause he actually went through setting the scale back at the start of the tutorial).

Ah well, I suppose I'll have to fiddle around with the scale and try to get it close to what his looks like.

Thanks for your post.