Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-01-2014 , 11:48 PM
Senior Animator - Sumo Digital

Urban Pacification

It's been about a year since I did any work on this project, all sorts of boring reasons I won't go into. Anyhoo. I have resurrected my project, and am playing with compositing it into some live video. Going to have some fun doing this and if there is any interest I will post updates on here.
On with the showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBJ...ature=youtu.be

# 2 11-01-2014 , 12:13 AM
Technical Director
Looks good. The cab feels a bit "floaty" though. I think adding some more weight into it would help sell it a bit more.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 11-01-2014 , 09:06 PM
Looks good!

# 4 12-01-2014 , 05:25 PM
Subscriber
Still one of the sweetest W.I.P I have seen here - great work.

# 5 13-01-2014 , 07:11 AM

# 6 13-01-2014 , 10:35 AM
Lifetime Member
Not bad at all mate. I dig the wee mech in any case LOL cos I LOVE mechs....would be good to see it under attack one day user added image no rush user added image

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 14-01-2014 , 04:36 AM
The Nurb Herd
Looks great. I think the design is great.

Is it just my tired eyes or is there a bit of swimming on the track? Screen left looks a bit weird. Hard to tell on YouTube.

# 8 14-01-2014 , 09:11 PM
Not much in this update. I did a fresh render, improving the final gather settings and adjusted the lighting, some minor additions to the environment elements.

I would really like to learn about render passes/layers. If anyone could point me at a good resource I would be most grateful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5njMdZjkxKE

# 9 14-01-2014 , 09:17 PM
The animation is the test animation I did over a year ago. I agree, when I get round to animating to suit the shot more specifically I will hope to add that sense of weight.

I do hope to populate the shot with additional animated characters/drones, as well as smoke/dust/particulate matter. Although for this shot I wasn't going to have it under attack. I have plans for another tracking test that's a little more "exciting". Once I have learnt all I need to to make this shot work.

I think the track is pretty solid, there's not much movement, at least not so much that I'm unhappy with it, I think it must be your tired eyes ... now get some sleep man!

Cheers guys user added image

# 10 19-01-2014 , 08:56 AM
Updated the render using render passes, with mixed results, takes a lot longer to get the final image, especially when you take the compositing into consideration. Even so the actual rendering time has increased no end, plus there is a very thin black line around some areas that I'm not happy about. I obviously have more to learn!
Also added some materials to the model.

New Render - Updated Materials

# 11 22-01-2014 , 08:55 PM