Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-04-2015 , 02:55 PM

MAYA - create objects in random order

hello everyone,
state that I am still a beginner with Maya, something I get along but now I need your help
I would like to create objects scattered randomly along a predefined path, so to speak better kind of a trail of stones, stones with shapes, volumes and different orientations to give that effect random and realistic
the trail if possible I would like to make it along a given path, or a cure designed before
I commend to you
thanks

# 2 29-04-2015 , 12:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
The new xgen system in Maya is set up to do this kind of thing. I'm not sure how intuitive or robust it is currently, I've only used it a bit. I'm confident there are scripts out there to do this kind of thing too (you could look at the new training kit part about tiling the roof: https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=365&sub_cat=6). Or you could use instanced particles, there are a number of resources out there about doing that kind of thing. Hope that gets you in the right direction.