Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-08-2015 , 09:26 AM

mental ray baking problem

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to texture my character's skin using mental miss fast skin maya as a base texture, obviously everyone use that. But when try to Bake the texture I get this particular error "couldn't find instance material and the selected mesh turns to wire frame on the viewport... but when I try to bake with normal maya materials like Lambert and blinn it bakes out fine without any error. Apparently I'm the only person in the entire world having this problem because I have searched the whole internet but can't find something even relating to that.

Someone should please help.

And if I can still get a realistic base color with a maya material and it would render fine I would like to know, because I get the feeling "if one is not using miss fast skin maya, one is wrong" like that is the only way to get it done. Can I use maya materials and still get an excellent job? (that is when all fails with miss)

Screen shot of the uv set, mesh and error message attached.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Thumbnails