Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 271 06-02-2006 , 12:02 AM
Subscriber
Lookin' much better. Increase the decay on the top light because it looks just like a hotspot of light. And change the color of the light to reflect the warmth of the environment.
The lower light might be a a brownish-greenish color since it is the bounce off of the ground. The top light should be a mix between orange-yellow-green. More of a muck I guess. Remember leaves are translucent so the light that passes through it will also carry a faintness of green. The yellow and orange is the warmth of light from the natural lighting (sunlight.)

This is a much better angle as well. You get to see his/her eyes.

THIS IS MY CC AND I STAND BY IT.user added image

Keep up the good workuser added image

# 272 06-02-2006 , 12:06 AM
thanx again for these conseils.

# 273 06-02-2006 , 12:35 AM
Subscriber
You're Welcome user added image

# 274 06-02-2006 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber
I was looking at the mouth a little more and the first thing that sticks out to me is around the teeth. Just look at your teeth. See how the gums come up around the tooth you might want to get in there with the sculpt tool and pull and smooth them around the teeth to make them look more real.
That goes for the top and bottom rows. That way you dont have chiclets for teeth and they look more real. I added this pic so you could see for reference. Also look at the inner lining of the cheek. I would definitley go into zbrush and add some ridges running vertically to show this. It would only add to the realism.

Also look at the coloring and fur of the gorilla on the right. A lot of gorillas have different color hair on top of the head than the sides. Also the hair doesn't cover the whole head keep that in mind as well.

So much to say but I will let you get on your way.

THIS IS MY CC AND I STAND BY ITuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 275 06-02-2006 , 02:14 AM
thanx i will try it . i added texture and bump for his tongue.

Attached Thumbnails
# 276 06-02-2006 , 02:26 AM
Very good!

But my op is that he is still too... mad looking. He looks like somebody stuck a red hot poker up his ass.

Apart from that really nice, I can't w8 for the fur!

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 277 07-02-2006 , 12:28 AM
thanx matt.i made a change near his cheek bone as papalatistudios conseilled me.

Attached Thumbnails
# 278 07-02-2006 , 01:17 AM
how could i have a render that looks like the first image that papalatistudios posted with the blue tone on the gorilla.

# 279 07-02-2006 , 10:06 PM
i finally decided to not use any hdri.i will try to find some pictures on google that look pretty much like the environnement where king kong lives.the lighing will be a little harder to set up but i think i will have more contol on it.do you guys think its a good idea...and if you have some good background pictures ,post it.

Last edited by mc-fleury; 07-02-2006 at 10:45 PM.
# 280 07-02-2006 , 11:43 PM
i made a 15 minutes light setup.no FG this time.

Attached Thumbnails
# 281 07-02-2006 , 11:53 PM
ok i stop psting renderuser added image ...right after this one and i start texturing.LOL

Attached Thumbnails
# 282 07-02-2006 , 11:57 PM
Subscriber
NICE!!! I really like the darker one!

My password is ********.
# 283 08-02-2006 , 12:43 AM
Subscriber
Look at this photo that I have attached and also look at the photo that I posted of multiple gorillas.

Look at the tongue especially.

Like I said before you really need to thicken that up and it shouldnt be so wide.

Right now you have a Gene Simmons tongue.

Its a great homage, but I dont think that is what your wanting.

Remember to play with your colors on your lights to emphasize where he is. I haven't seen you do this
yet. You see kong in this photo. He has green and some
yellow on him. Thats because of the lighting the applied
to make him flow with the environment.

Keep up the good work.

Attached Thumbnails
# 284 08-02-2006 , 12:53 PM
hey! thanx i will correct the tongue but for the lighting, i played with color variation.i puted two green ligh on the side with no spec. emitted, a bright blu one on the top with no spec. emitted again, and to fake the sun, i puted a directionnal light in fornt of him or almost with a bit of yellow for the color of the light.maybe you cant see but im sure this is because you dont have a before and after version of the lighting.but again, thanx for the conseils.user added image

# 285 08-02-2006 , 01:50 PM
Work the inner mouth up and as papalatistudios says get the tongue sorted and it'll add to the realism more.
From the renders above the front top gum looks a little flat and not rounded with the contours of the mouth.

Keep going mc-fleury, it'll be worth it in the end user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net