Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 04-12-2004 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
Post a wire of the door, just a thought do you have "Keep faces together" checked on?

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 17 05-12-2004 , 06:55 PM

Originally posted by dae
Post a wire of the door, just a thought do you have "Keep faces together" checked on?

Dae

Thanks dae, I resolved the problem, thanks a lot.user added image user added image user added image user added image

Can you tell me a thing, plz??

I want to know if there is a better way to find an attribute, like search (ctrl+f), instead of searching attribute by attribute until we find the attribute that I want???

And another thing, how can you move an attribute?? Because, I've made the mistake of not putting the "Keep faces together" checked on, in two differente "polyExtrudeFace" attributtes, and when I change the older attribute the youngers attributes disapear, can you tell how can I solve it??

Thanks guys, you help me a lotuser added image user added image user added image

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 18 05-12-2004 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
I don't know about searching the attributes, but I'm pretty sure that you can fix the "Keep faces together" problem by merging the vertices...

-Blomkaal

# 19 14-01-2005 , 07:52 PM
Hi

Finally I've solve the door problem. Thanks for all the help.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 20 14-01-2005 , 07:53 PM
Another foto from another view.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 21 14-01-2005 , 07:54 PM
One more...

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 14-01-2005 , 07:55 PM
Another...

Attached Thumbnails

# 23 14-01-2005 , 08:02 PM
Now, I have this problem of the vertex.

I've duplicated one half of the car, and Combine the two halfs. But as you see all the vertex in the center make this effect in the car that I don't want.

I've trying to find something about fusion vertex, but maya don't have nothing to that.

The problem I think it is that I've duplicate one half and combine the two halfs, and that combination had created two vertex in the same place.

Any solution I apreciate.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 15-01-2005 , 06:47 AM
Subscriber
hello gamester,

If you want to join the vertices all you need to do is select all of them on the join then go to menu Edit Polygons/Merge Vertices, I would set the distance to around 0.01. Hope that helps, good luck,

Mat.

# 25 23-01-2005 , 10:50 AM
Thanks for the help happymat27, I've solved the problem.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 26 23-01-2005 , 10:51 AM
One more pic.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 27 23-01-2005 , 11:12 AM
Hi

I'm having another problem with my car.

Now the problem is when I convert a part of the car, for exemple the bumpers, to Sub-D, the bumpers instead of turn to Sub-D, the faces of the bumpers turn to Sud-D.

I'm having this toturials as a base for my car.

https://www.3dm-mc.com/tutorials/maya/car4/index2.php

Thanks for hte help.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 28 22-02-2005 , 06:45 PM
I everyone I finelly finished the body of the Audi A4, but I'm having this little problem, is that I've turned each part of the car to Sub-D, but because of the changes that I've maded, there's free spaces between each part of the car.

So I wanted to now If there is a way to full fill the free spaces between each part of the car.

Thanks everyone.

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 22-02-2005 , 06:46 PM
Hi

Sorry I forgot to post the finished car ehhhehhhehhehhe user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

Thanks everyone

Gamester

Attached Thumbnails