Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 09-11-2005 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
It looks really good BMS.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 17 09-11-2005 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Man,

I should have the V-Tail on today and maybe start on the folding Prop. So hopefully a few more progress today user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 18 09-11-2005 , 09:59 PM
Subscriber
Finally got the V-Tail Section on :attn:

Next I'm working on the folding Propeller, but that might have to wait till tomorrow, I have an even bigger and more important job to do now . . . I have to make a Predator Costume (Mask etc) for my 6 year old son! They have Fantasy dress up day at school tomorrow. Man how do I make a predator mask and cannon etc.

Oh well, I'm off to the craft shop now user added image

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 09-11-2005 , 10:12 PM
The Maya Mountain
looking good!

# 20 10-11-2005 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike,

Appreciate the kind words user added image

I've done the folding Propeller and its taking shape. The progress from here will be slow, because I will be modelling things like the fuselage wing cut out, push rods etc which wont be visible, but I'm going to model them anyway just in case.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 10-11-2005 , 08:48 AM
nice modelling user added image

how about putting it aside and starting on the controller if the detail you will be adding isn't visible. Then you can come back to the plane with fresh eyes? Just in case for some reason you dont have time to finish it all. Only an idea user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 22 10-11-2005 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Man,

I can't wait to see your model take shape.

You guys crack me up . . . looks like Mike and yourself have already decided I'm modelling the Radio too. Looks like I had better get started :p

I'll take photos tomorrow and hopefully start it in a few days. I still need to spend a few more hours on the Fuselage because it really does need some fixes. I have to do them because I know it will bug me.

It's 10:30pm here and I've had a long day . . you know making Predator Costumes for six year olds user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 23 12-11-2005 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
These are my final renders of the Glider for now. I will start the Radio Control on Monday user added image

Attached Images
# 24 12-11-2005 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
I've been sick as a dog and I couldn't sleep . . . . so I got up at 4:00am this morning and made a start on the Radio Control. 3 hours worth so far.

This picture is of the top panel.

Attached Images
# 25 12-11-2005 , 07:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Looks like a good start on the controller. user added image

# 26 12-11-2005 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike user added image Always appreciate your kind words.

I'm really happy you encouraged me to try the controller. It's very different to the other models I've built. I'm learning heaps.

I worked out how to extrude a circle along a path curve for the Handle. Never done that before . . Only took me an hour to work it out :blush:

I've done some more on the Model. Only stopped to watch the Soccer . . and watch Australia go down 1 - 0 :angery: They played well so I guess that's encouraging.

Attached Images
# 27 13-11-2005 , 05:22 AM
Subscriber
Another Update. Being sick and working on Maya is amazing. I can't be bothered talking to anyone because I've lost my voice now, so all I've been doing it modelling.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Images
# 28 13-11-2005 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
looks good so far Bms another nice entry.

# 29 13-11-2005 , 11:24 AM
Lifetime Member
nice ..just a small comment, you should consider beveling the sharp edges a little as no objects in the real world have sharp corners.

# 30 13-11-2005 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Guys,

I'm trying my best user added image

jsprogg, your point is valid, but I'm wondering how much of the radio your going to see in the final image. The model glider has a 2 meter wing span so the Radio control is actually going to be very small in the picture.

I have started rounding off some of the edges and adding screws etc, but I think I might be putting far to much in. I'm sure if I textured the screw on you wouldn't notice the difference.

I'm still new to this so I value any input you guys can share. If I'm talking crap feel free to tell me, I don't mind user added image

Cheers
Paul