Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 16-11-2005 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
What I liked about the spitfire tutorial is I got look and see how Kurt built and textured the model, then output the final render. It did help speed up my learning curve. Mind you I still have a lot to learn.

Mind you doing these Challenges really helps too.

Cheers
Paul

# 47 16-11-2005 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
The following pictures give you an idea of size difference between the Futaba Radio and the Glider.

This first picture is the way most Radio control models are photographed as it really shows you the models proportions and lines.

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 16-11-2005 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber
If I want the radio to look bigger in the picture I need to bring the camera angle lower which then puts the Radio closer.

I'm not sure I actually like the Radio Control being the feature user added image

Any thoughts guys?

Attached Thumbnails
# 49 16-11-2005 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
hmm the radio looks really good i would suggest making a small scene after all it is realism maybe a real close shot of the radio then kinda looking past that ud see the plane. further away.

# 50 16-11-2005 , 06:20 PM
looking good, how about presenting it like in a catalogue with the controller as a separate inset box? user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 51 16-11-2005 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Guys,

I might have a break from modelling and start looking for pictures of Radio Control Models on Google. You've both given me some great ideas to go on. Thanks Heaps Guys.

And on a completely different subject:
AUSTRALIA IS IN THE WORLD CUP user added image :attn:

Cheers
Paul

# 52 16-11-2005 , 08:57 PM
hehe, lets hope they do well user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 53 16-11-2005 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
Man its been like 32 years since we last qualified for the world cup. In all honesty the fact they've made it is enough for now. Lets hope in the coming years we can strengthen the team.

Soccer isn't all that big here in Australia, which is a shame.

I really enjoyed the game last night user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 54 17-11-2005 , 12:54 AM
Nice modeling especially the controller. user added image

mayafreak3

# 55 17-11-2005 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
Thanks mayafreak3,

I've started toying with some of the materials to make it more like the actual controller. Some of the Chrome look surfaces tend to be a little rough, so some parts are mirror reflective and others blur the reflection due to the roughness.

I need to add some more writing and some bump work too.

I'm still doing heaps of reading trying to understand MR and shaders . . . . I feel like I'm seriously in over my head!

Cheers
Paul

Attached Images
# 56 21-11-2005 , 04:54 AM
Subscriber
Been adding little bits and pieces on the Model. The control horns and the push rods for the V-tail is visible. Still have heaps of little things to do. I was hoping to have it done by now so I could focus on the final render and lighting.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails
# 57 28-11-2005 , 09:26 AM
Wow... This is really impressive. You definetly should show the controller in all it's splendor, but the plane isn't to be ignored either. Hope you manage to find that perfect scene that gets the best of both of them user added image

# 58 28-11-2005 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by cris007
Wow... This is really impressive. You definetly should show the controller in all it's splendor, but the plane isn't to be ignored either. Hope you manage to find that perfect scene that gets the best of both of them user added image

Thanks Man,

I'm happy with the controller so far user added image and I plan on presenting it as best as I can.

I'm really confused about where to go with this challenge. The Radio control has more visible modelling in it so it looks more impressive at first glance, but the glider's wing actually has every wing rib, spar, formers etc in it yet because of the film its not as visible. Its making me wonder if this challenge is a modelling exercise or the ability to create a "present-day object and make it as real looking as possible!"

If the latter is true then it's going to be more of a texture, shader, lighting and rendering exercise. If that's the case then the Radio doesn't need to dominate the final render.

I checked with Mike and I can post an image that's 800 x 384 which would still be 307200 pixels (same as 640 x 480) Which means I should be able to present both the glider and Radio reasonably well.

I will post some more pictures soon.

# 59 28-11-2005 , 01:03 PM
Subscriber
hmmm, so your saying that there are more details under the wing????? if so, how about trying to make the wings plasitc transparent or something????

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 60 28-11-2005 , 10:12 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by metallicjet66
hmmm, so your saying that there are more details under the wing????? if so, how about trying to make the wings plasitc transparent or something????

What I'm saying is the Glider is just as detailed as the Radio.

In any case I've been having a play with the Wing Covering Material and also toying with lighting.

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails