Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-09-2005 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber

maya book advice and basic workflow

2 things...
I should be getting Maya 7 unlimited in the mail any day now, and although im learning a lot form this sites tuts and forums, i feel i need to build myself up a little library of books. I want books that cover all of the old and new functions in 7 unlim from a-z while still being user friendly. Also books that break up the basic workflow. For instance, i saw good reviews on Mt McKinleys site for the art of maya and a character book but im afraid they might be too out of date for the new version...there might be better/easier ways to do things and new options altogether

Also, i was wondering what the basic workflow of a character usually is...first model then blendshape, uv, tex, bind to skele.....
can you bind diff parts of a body to a skele at diff times?

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 2 10-09-2005 , 12:18 AM
Uhm, to my knowledge you can bind to skeleton then unbind to work on skinning of a different part, then rebind again. I don't think Vertex Weights die when you unbind a skeleton.